Paul & Stephanie EchoHawk Family

Hey everyone. Welcome.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Birth of Lincoln Thomas Vaughn EchoHawk

Thank you Marlee for posting the picture of Lincoln right after he was born.  Here are some more pics.



After barely making it to the hospital with my last baby, this time I wanted to make sure I wasn't running in at the last minute.  So this time, with a more normal labor pattern, I got to the hospital at around 12 midnight, with time to spare.  Easy contractions that didn't progress really fast until we decided to break my water.  After that things moved really fast.  I labored about 40 min in the shower with Paul rubbing my back the entire time. That's right--Pocatello does not have bathtubs in their labor and delivery rooms! We are in the olden days over here--bug!  I had about 5 contractions that hurt pretty bad. Then I rushed to the bed in between a contraction while trying not to push, trying to throw on some clothes (because I had three kids in the room), and trying not to slip because I was wet from the shower(Paul caught me when I almost slipped).  After I got the bed I tried not to push (because I knew it was going to hurt) through about 5 more contractions till I couldn't stand it anymore and then I pushed one time and out he came!  Paul was there to help the midwife deliver him and put him on me.  Kiya was by my side playing with my hair, Cole was covering his ears, and Marlee was trying not to faint (even though this is the third birth of mine she has been to, this is the first one she has actually watched).  So here are some pics of the labor and after; I can't post any of the birth or after of me because I only had enough time to put on my bra and not my hospital gown. 

Lincoln Thomas Vaughn EchoHawk

Photobucket 

This is what everyone was doing while I was in labor.  Ha ha guys!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cole is talking to the baby before he was born watching what it did to his heartrate.  It would go up when we would talk, he thought that we pretty cool!

Photobucket

This is Marlee after the birth with her smelling salts!

Photobucket

Marlee, Cole, and Kiya right after Lincoln was born.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Me and all my kids, wow, that's a lot of kids!!  I love it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

williams family said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe you have six kids!

Cam said...

these are great pictures. you have a beautiful family. and the sense of humor..amazing!

Noelle said...

The picture of Lincoln and Ryken is super cute. And the pic with all your kids, holy cow, it looks like you have a ton!

Unknown said...

Wow, you DO have a lot of kids. It looks like they were all having a ball while you were in labor. Congratulations on little Lincoln. He is such a doll.

Marisa said...

What a cute baby and fun pictures! I will have to talk to you about natural childbirth someday, mine come pretty fast so maybe I will try it. You look great!

emily said...

love the full head of hair! that is pretty cool that he was responding to your voices. you look great steph. can't wait to meet the little guy...

Marlee's 200 open at her track meet. 1st place! She also placed first in the 100 open!

Marlee tumbling pass for cheer tryouts!

Ryken's 2nd Birthday!!!

Kiya's power tumbling spring 2007

Kiya Tramp 2008

Kiya Tramp 2008
Great shot of Kiya at a tnt meet in March!! Go Kiya