Paul & Stephanie EchoHawk Family

Hey everyone. Welcome.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lincoln in the hospital

All of my kids have been really sick the last 2 months, one of the reasons I have not been able to post any new blogs. I seem to be up late with one for a couple nights then up late with another, it seems never ending sometimes. The flu, the croup, colds, ear infections, swollen glands…….I have been to the doctor’s office 5 times with different and same kids in the past 2 weeks. Aside from being really sleep deprived, so far neither Paul or me have been sick, knock on wood!!! This last weekend Lincoln got the croup with a fever of 102. He was having a hard time breathing and had no appetite, I felt so nervous at night that he wouldn’t be able to breathe well, so I pretty much stayed up with him and held him. So I took him to the doctor who said that he needed to be admitted to the hospital. I went straight to the hospital and didn’t leave the room for what seemed like forever. Paul of course was clear across the U.S. in Washington DC for work, so my friend picked up Ryken and drove all the kids around to their various activates, and finally my sister Tara came all the way from Boise to help. Everybody seems to be feeling better now, Lincoln is looking much better and breathing better, he still isn’t very hungry and has the remains of a cough. Teagan who got the croup a few days before Christmas just got his voice back this past week. We are thinking that we liked him without a voice. Hee hee! Ryken’s neck is no longer swollen after 10 days of antibiotics, and he recovered pretty quickly from the croup after a dose of decahedral at the doctor’s office. Ahhhhhhhh maybe I will sleep good tonight!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Britt said...

I don't know how you do all that you do with HEALTHY kids, much less with sick ones. You are amazing! I'm so glad that Lincoln is okay and that you are sleeping again.

Unknown said...

Those pictures of him make me so sad. I'm glad he's feeling better and you can relax a little.

emily said...

poor little guy.... glad you are are getting better! it is so scary when they are so little like that! boo gave us a few good scares with croup when he was a baby.

ShelleyG said...

Steph! I am so Sorry! How sad to how your new sweet baby be so sick. You are such a super woman!!! I hope you get lots and lots of good sleep for the new year. I am relieved all is well.

Marlee's 200 open at her track meet. 1st place! She also placed first in the 100 open!

Marlee tumbling pass for cheer tryouts!

Ryken's 2nd Birthday!!!

Kiya's power tumbling spring 2007

Kiya Tramp 2008

Kiya Tramp 2008
Great shot of Kiya at a tnt meet in March!! Go Kiya